Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Expression Editor

I went ahead and threw together a possible layout for the TPCL Expression Editor in wxGlade today. It was based heavily off of the mockups I did before my project was chosen. A screenshot is shown below:


















I'm also working on a way to make the expression editor useful for those who don't really program. That is to say, it will simply be a matter of pointing, clicking and selecting what you need. And if that's all you do there should be no errors in your code. Code snippets should be available in plenty and pre-constructed blocks of code should provide common functionality quickly and easily. Lofty goals, eh?

Right now I feel like the way I'm going about it is too brute force and inelegant, but I'll get this working in a basic prototype form and if I still feel issues I'll go back to the drawing board and do some more research.

-Fro

No comments: