Friday, July 20, 2007

RDE Fully Functional

I'm sure that there are bugs just waiting to be discovered with more rigorous use. And the fact that game objects only support one category at the moment (which is also the case with tpserver-cpp) keeps things from being perfect, the RDE is at a state that I'm quite happy with now. I just went through a quick run of duplicating the Minisec objects from tpserver-cpp in the RDE from scratch. I found a few small bugs along the way, but they were easily fixed. The generated code worked without a hitch.

TPCL syntax checking and code validation is in place so that people don't have to deal with cryptic error messages from the servers when they try to run their code. The RDE even checks to make sure that the project doesn't have any errors before generating code.

I'm can now turn my attention towards developing the TPCL expression editor. That will be quite fun, I think, and also quite challenging, but at least a lot of the work is already in place with the StyledTextCtrl that I'm using to display the TPCL code. It already provides facilities for code completion and the like so extending it to incorporate what will basically be code-snippits-on-steroids shouldn't be too bad.

Woot.

-Fro

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way cool! I guess I need to play and see what havoc I can create with other rulesets.

Later
Lee